Cutest Blog on the Block

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Snowman season

  Porter needed work on his bow so we went over to Grandpa Fox's. Grandpa got out his archery stuff, explaining things to Porter the whole time. They put the thingys, thats what I call it, on the string to hold the arrow from going up or down so aiming would be propper. After they completed the task they took it out to try it out. Grandpa had the perfect target, a melting snowman. Porter delighted at the thought and took aim. Hitting him. After a few shots and some fun talk with Grandpa Porter took the arrows out of the snowman, fidgeted with them for a bit, I asked if he wanted me to hold them he said "Nope I am just trying to wipe off the blood." I looked down and the "blood", snow,  he was trying to wipe off just kept twisting around the arrow. I just laughed. Grandpa helped him wipe the blood off the arrow, smiling the whole time, like a proud Grandpa who's grandson just got himself a two point snowman 
  .

No comments: